Your twenties can be isolating, infuriating and painful – but how do you stay healthy and realistic when you're also dealing with depression, mania, or anxiety? Emily Reynolds's A Beginner's Guide to Losing Your Mind explores the unique challenges, including:
• How to deal with pressure at school and college
• Tips for dating when you are mentally ill (and what to expect when you're on the other side)
• Handling self-harm and suicidal thoughts
• Advice for your family and friends
• Learning how to navigate the internet and the online community
• Advice on diagnosis, treatment, and maintaining your mental health
A blackly funny, deeply compassionate, and extremely practical book, A Beginner's Guide to Losing Your Mind is all at once the author's personal account of what it's like to live with mental illness, a guide to dealing with and understanding it, and a companion to make the journey feel a little less lonely.