Paperback in Very Good (VG) condition. Please see our guide to book conditions for more details.
· The rich history of shingle-clad home design lives on! Here are modern, up-to-date homes from 20 of today’s finest home designers and architects.
· Enjoy a thorough look at the fascinating history of shingle use and the design styled it amplified.
· Easy to use and able to quickly shed water, shingles were the efficient choice of early settlers. Technological changes and the economic boom following the Civil War made the shingle the top choice for architectural expression.
· The exteriors of these 165 fanciful homes maintain the classic look from the shingle-clad influences of the 19th Century, adding a carefree, easy-feeling appearance to al styles past and present.
· Today’s best designers make the most of modern interior floor planning techniques, using built-ins, storage areas and efficient traffic flow form room to room.
· Explore elegant shingle whimsy from coast to coast: Capes, Colonials, Craftsman Bungalows, Country Cottages, Victorians, Farmhouses, Vacation and Waterfront Homes.
· Includes 32 pages of full color designs, many with interior photos.
· Kick back, put up your feet and enjoy the optimistic flair and unique eclectic styling mixes found in each and every home showcased in Shingle Style.
· Complete construction blueprints are available separately.